The Global TETRA Terminal team is pleased to announce the shipment of
MR5.10 Software release. MR5.10 is the latest Software for the TETRA
terminals MTH800/MTM800/MTM800E/MTP850. The software is now
shipping from the factory with these terminals.
MR5.10 is a significant release that further enhances the terminal featureset and provides support for both versions of the End to End (E2E) Universal Crypto Module (UCM), (full details of the scope of the release can be found below).
MR5.10 also has characteristics of a Service Enhancement Release (SER) as it introduces solutions for several customer specific requirements.
MR5.10 continues the software version selection provided with the TETRA terminals. The distribution centres will ship the software of your choice.
MR5.10 software is distributed free of charge if ordered, previous releases are charged via the option selected. The release Note details the Upgrade compatibility.
A new version of Customer Programming Software (CPS) is required to be able to upgrade and program existing TETRA Terminals, refer to the relevant section below for ordering details.
Software Enablement Kit
Software enablement kits are the preferred mechanism to provide Customers with desired additional features, these product enhancements are further enhanced in MR5.10. When purchasing the software features(eg GPS), the customer receives an enablement kit consisting of a dongle that will activate the features at the same time as the TETRA terminal is provisioned.
The orderable features in MR5.10 are:
• QA01275AA - - Dual Control Head (DCH)
• QA01261AA - - Secondary Control Channel (SCCH)
• QA01276AA - - Air Interface Migration (AIM)
• QA00175AA - - Enable WAP Feature
• QA00177AA - - Enable GPS Feature
• QA00176AA - - Enable MSPD Feature
• QA00771AA - - Enable Enhanced Security package.
• QA00772AA - - Enable Permanent Disable (KILL) Feature
• QA01003AA - - Kill/Unkill (Permanent Disable v2) Feature
• QA01089AA - - Enable Call Out Feature
• QA01090AA - - Enable RUI/RUA Feature
MR5.10 CPS is now available. MR5.10 CPS version is R6C.563.01 and it replaces the previously issued CPS versions.
With new terminals the new CPS CD shall be ordered:
• GMVN5539A - MR5.10 CPS (for programming only)
This CPS is compatible with TETRA terminals:
MTP850 Ex – D2
For upgrading the z19 file should be present on the folder pointed by:
Options --> Directories --> Default Software Path. Due to export control considerations, only clear radios upgrade kits are placed in MOL.
For encrypted radios (TEA1, TEA2 or TEA3) the upgrade kit shall be ordered:
• GMVN5540A - MR5.10_CPS+CLR (w/ UPGRADE tool)
• GMVN5541A - MR5.10 CPS+TEA1 (w/ UPGRADE tool)*
• GMVN5542A - MR5.10 CPS+TEA2 (w/ UPGRADE tool)*
• GMVN5543A - MR5.10 CPS+TEA3 (w/ UPGRADE tool)*
• Encryption item (Encryption software is an Export Controlled item)