The Global TETRA Terminal team is pleased to announce the shipment of MR5.9 Software release. MR5.9 is the latest Software for the TETRA terminals MTH800/MTM800/MTM800E/MTP850. The software is now shipping from the factory with these terminals.
MR5.9 is a significant release that further enhances the terminal feature-set and provides support for both versions of the End to End (E2E) Universal Crypto Module (UCM), (full details of the scope of the release can be found below).
MR5.9 also has characteristics of a Service Enhancement Release (SER) as it introduces solutions for several customer specific requirements.
MR5.9 continues the software version selection provided with the TETRA terminals.
The distribution centres will ship the software of your choice. MR5.9 software is distributed free of charge if ordered, previous releases are charged via the option selected. The release Note details the Upgrade compatibility
A new version of Customer Programming Software (CPS) is required to be able to upgrade and program existing TETRA Terminals, refer to the relevant section below for ordering details.
Software enablement kits are the preferred mechanism to provide Customers with desired additional features, these product enhancements are further enhanced in MR5.9. When purchasing the software features (eg GPS), the customer receives an enablement kit consisting of a dongle that will activate the features at the same time as the TETRA terminal is provisioned.
Three NEW Features are introduced in MR5.9 Release:-
• QA01275AA - - Dual Control Head (DCH)
These two orderable features, that were previously only available for specific customers, are now included in MR5.9 and are available to all customers :
• QA01261AA - - Secondary Control Channel (SCCH)
• QA01276AA - - Air Interface Migration (AIM)
The features above are added to the existing list of orderable features:
• QA00175AA - - Enable WAP Feature
• QA00177AA - - Enable GPS Feature
• QA00176AA - - Enable MSPD Feature
• QA00771AA - - Enable Enhanced Security package.
• QA00772AA - - Enable Permanent Disable (KILL) Feature
• QA01003AA - - Kill/Unkill (Permanent Disable v2) Feature
• QA01089AA - - Enable Call Out Feature
• QA01090AA - - Enable RUI/RUA Feature
This CPS is compatible with TETRA terminals:
- MTP810 EX
- MTP850 Ex – D2
MR5.9 introduces the following MTM800 Enhanced Data radio models.
• M80RCA6TZ5AN – MTM800 Enhanced 410-470 MHz Data
• M80UCA6TZ5AN – MTM800 Enhanced 806-870 MHz Data
• M80NCA6TZ5AN – MTM800 Enhanced 350-390 MHz Data
• M80PCA6TZ5AN – MTM800 Enhanced 380-430 MHz Data
The Data Radio feature allows the transceiver to work without a Next Generation Control Head in a special Data Box mode. In this mode the Data Box Radio is controlled via Peripheral Equipment Interface through AT commands or TNP1 commands from 3rd Party Control Terminals.
Tetra MTP850Ex MTH800 MTC100 MTM800 MTP850 Manual and Brochure