The Global TETRA Terminal team is pleased to announce the shipment of the MR5.11.1 Software Release.
MR5.11.1 is the latest Software for the TETRA terminals MTH800, MTM800, MTM800E, CPE400/MTP830, MTP850 and MTP850 Class 3L. The software will be shipping from the factory with these terminals.
MR5.11.1 is a significant release that further enhances the terminal featureset and provides support for hardware updates (summary of the scope of the release can be found below).
MR5.11.1 also has characteristics of a Service Enhancement Release (SER) as it introduces solutions for several customer specific requirements.
MR5.11.1 continues the software version selection provided with the TETRA terminals. The release note details the upgrade compatibility.
A new version of Customer Programming Software (CPS) is required to be able to upgrade and program existing TETRA Terminals, refer to the relevant section below for ordering details.
MR5.11.1 Release Headlines
Support for Hebrew language:
• Hebrew language throughout the MMI
• Text input with TAP and iTAP
• Hebrew keypad
• Documentation via the Quick Start Guide
The new language pack will contain:
Note: The WAP browser does not support Hebrew. English language will be used, when Hebrew is selected as MMI language.
Importing audio templates through CPS
• A mechanism was introduced, which allows for Motorola to define
audio template files, which can be imported and used by
Improved MS Attachment To Scanned Talkgroup:
• The radio handles temporary detachment of groups for always
scanned groups as specified in ETSI standards
• Supports up revisions of hardware.
• Only selected downgrade is supported (See release note).
Customer specific fixes:
• Call out alert tones
• Status message improvements
Software Enablement Kit
Software enablement kits are the preferred mechanism to provide Customers with desired additional features, these product enhancements are further enhanced in MR5.11.1 When purchasing the software features (e.g. GPS) the customer receives an enablement kit consisting of a dongle that will activate the features at the same time as the TETRA terminal is provisioned.
The orderable features in MR5.11.1 are:
• QA01275AA - - Dual Control Head (DCH)
• QA01261AA - - Secondary Control Channel (SCCH)
• QA01276AA - - Air Interface Migration (AIM)
• QA00175AA - - Enable WAP Feature
• QA00177AA - - Enable GPS Feature
• QA00176AA - - Enable MSPD Feature
• QA00771AA - - Enable Enhanced Security package.
• QA00772AA - - Enable Permanent Disable (KILL) Feature
• QA01003AA - - Kill/Unkill (Permanent Disable v2) Feature
• QA01089AA - - Enable Call Out Feature
• QA01090AA - - Enable RUI/RUA Feature
• QA00993AA - - Enable MANDOWN Feature
• QA01628AA - - Enable RMS/FMS
• QA01629AA - - Enable SDS Remote Control
• QA01652AA - - Enable Cell Select by Talkgrp
• QA01746AA - - Enable WAP PUSH
MR5.11 CPS is now available. MR5.11 CPS version is R6C.604.01 and it
replaces the previously issued CPS versions.
With new terminals the new CPS CD shall be ordered:
• GMVN5606A - MR5.11 CPS (for programming only)
This CPS is compatible with TETRA terminals:
MTP850 Class 3L
Tuesday, April 6, 2010